Friday, May 7, 2010

Neuro Results

Just got the Neuro testing results over the phone. I ranked in the 95th percentile out of girls my age on all the testings so I have not suffered any brain damage or psychological problems. This is all good news but still disappointing in its own way. So now we just have to wait for more test results and more tests to be performed I suppose. At the latest we will receive MRI results by monday. We are currently working with our insurance company to get an MRA approved. The MRA would be a major diagnostic tool if any abnormalities show up, as the doc guesses Vasculitis may be whats turned my world upside down.

Just this week all my friends have started to visit and check up on me which feels really great. I'm pretty sure at least 3 people want to visit this weekend! Visits do make me very tired though so I hope I'll be well enough the day after. Pretty much any time I expend energy, it can be counted on that I will spend most of the next day in bed.

I also have signed up to participate in my high schools Relay for Life event. For those of you who don't know, Relay for Life is a 24 hour event to help fight and cure Cancer. We set up tents on our football field and walk around on our track. At least one person for each team must be walking at all times. I will most likely be sitting 99% of the time so I feel like I should be fundraising more than the rest of my team. I am also making hair ribbons for all the girls on our team. I would highly appreciate it if all my followers, friends and family could make a donation of any size to my Relay for Life team. Donations can be made on my Facebook page or athttp://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY10GW?px=15219408&pg=personal&fr_id=21658

If you have any difficulty getting to the donation site just give me a shout and I'll point you in the right direction. I will also be sending out e-mails from my Relay account which will provide instructions. I really believe it is my duty to fight for other people who are sick even when I am. I can't do much right now, but sending out e-mails and asking for donations is the least I can do. A teacher in my school just passed yesterday from multiple tumors. Please help me raise enough money to help stop Cancer from taking any one else. Please tell your own friends and family about this event and ask them if they would be willing to donate. Any size donation is appreciated, every penny counts.

I hope you all are well and I will continue to keep you all updated. And please donate!!

Love,
Emma xx

1 comment:

  1. Thats really good news about the tests Emma. Slowly eliminating things.

    ReplyDelete