Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Neuropsych Testing

Today at I underwent another diagnostic test at Children's Hospital. I had to wake up at 7am to get there on time, which is super early for me. The test today consisted of several memory, cognitive and strategic questions and tests to determine how well my brain is functioning. Some of the activities I found simple while others I found extremely challenging. The hardest part was that the questions I struggled with I know I used to be able to answer correctly but now I cannot.

These tests were supposed to last from 9-2, but being the speedy person I am I managed to finish all the tests by 11:30! When I finished I realized how tiring they had been. We will get the results back May 7th, but until then we're waiting.

We still have not heard back yet about the EEG test. Waiting is getting really tiring especially since I've started getting new symptoms, such as headaches. Also the swelling in my hands and feet are becoming more and more noticeable as is the blue tinge they have taken on.
My heart rate still beats about a mile a minute and I am more often than not, out of breath. I've also had a whooping cough for the last two weeks that just won't go away. I could have pneumonia again or bronchitis. Lucky me!

I'll keep you all updated as much as I can, but for now I am really tired and think I will go take a nap. Love to all!

Love,
Emma xx


2 comments:

  1. Its just another big step along a long road. It must be very hard on you and your family but worth if if the results are conclusive. Family in England are all sending love and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALl our thoughts are with you, even though I am in another place to the rest of the Kinleys' and Jones'. It is hard to read you are so ill, especially since I remember the fun we had in London a few years ago. It is very sad but there is no worry in my mind that you wont get better. I love you and feel so blessed to have my good health, and hope yours comes back very soon! Lauren xxx

    ReplyDelete